The Project Steps2Scale co-funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union aims to create a harmonized qualification and competence framework for the profession Scaling up adviser which doesn’t exist in any EU country. The Commission’s Start-up and Scale-up Initiative aims to give Europe’s many innovative entrepreneurs every opportunity to become world leading companies. There are many start-up initiatives, but very few make it beyond the critical first few years. The European Commission is determined to change that and help start-ups deliver their full innovation and job creation potential.
What is “scale up company”?
Scale Ups are high tech companies with minimum 5 years of experience on the local market, already proven and well established market niche, developed internationalization strategy and readiness to go and find new markets and partners. The Steps2Scale will create an environment that fosters competitiveness, business thinking, innovation and creativity. The scaling-up adviser is the profession of one more competitive and fast growing future of the EU.
- Development of support system in the field of adult education and training
- Support to the enterpreneurs in key phase of the lifecycle of their business
- Support of the entrepreneurial culture in Europe and establishment of new innovative managers of Europe
- Creation of harmonized qualification and competence framework for the new profession Scale Up adviser
- Creation of occupational profile for Scale Up advisers
- Development of harmonized training and learning methodology which will be tested during the life time of the project. Around 50 entrepreneurs from the target group will be trained while testing the training and learning methodology.
- Establishment of the first network and community of scaling up mentors and envoys
- Startups, scale-ups and spin-offs with minimum 5 years of experience balanced business plan and defined local market niche
- SMEs with innovative product which is already well placed on the local market and has export potential
- SMEs with export strategy and potential, but still local players
- VET Centers and training organizations, mentors, trainers and coaches in the field.
- Bulgarian Industrial Association – Union Of The Bulgarian Business, Coordinator, Bulgaria
- Birmingham Chamber Of Commerce And Industry, United Kingdom
- University of Deusto, Spain
- ECQA GmbH, Austria
- Obrtno-Podjetniska Zbornica Slovenije, Slovenia
- Knowledge, Innovation and Strategies Management Club, Bulgaria